If you didn’t know I’m here to tell you. Cowboy cookies are amazing! I don’t know who came up with the idea to add bite size caramel bits and pecans into a perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie, but they’re a genius. This all started with my coworker. He kept asking me to make him some cookies with all the above ingredients. Saying “that just sounds so good”. I kept saying “those are cowboy cookies. They are a real thing”. I said that but I’ve never made them or eaten them myself. It’s ultimately a chocolate chip cookie with the addition of pecans and caramel bits. So of course I took my chocolate chip cookie recipe and made the adjustment, and boy was I blown away. They were so freaking good! Do yourself a favor and give this recipe a try. I know you will love it!
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter softened 113 g
- 1/3 c Sugar 76 g
- 1/3 c Dark Brown Sugar 80 g
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract 2 g
- 1/2 tsp Salt 2 g
- 1 tsp Baking Soda 5 g
- 1/2 c Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips 94 g
- 1/2 c Caramel Pieces 100 g
- 1/2 c Chopped Pecans 65 g
- 1-1/4 c All purpose Flour 196 g
- Pre heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- With your hand mixer cream your softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar together until its well mixed and slightly fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla extract. Then blend until fully incorporated.
- Add in your salt, baking soda, semi sweet chocolate chips, caramel bits, pecans, and all purpose flour. Then mix together until all of the flour is incorporated.
- Portion the dough into 12 cookies.
- Chill the portioned cookies in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Space the chilled cookies out evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and enjoy!
- Let the cookies cool down completely before eating them. Otherwise they will be REALLY soft from the caramel bits.
- You can find a step by step video on how to make these cookies above.