This recipe for s’mores brownies is hands down, the best one out there. Chewy, gooey, with a bit of crunch – you’ll definitely want s’more. (You’re killing me, Smalls!)
I originally made these s’mores brownies back in 2011 when Citizen Cake still existed in San Francisco, but since they’re still my favorite recipe for them, I wanted to share this glorious food craft.
For this recipe, I recommend you either use your favorite brownie recipe or boxed mix and add in a bit of Kahlua.
Start by making the brownie batter (either by the recipe or box mix). As you mix in the wet ingredients, add in the Kahlua. Set aside.
Next, break up the graham crackers into roughly 1 inch pieces.
Fold these graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips into the brownie batter. Be sure to do this gently or the graham chunks will crumble.
Pour the mixture into a 9x13in pan that has been lined with aluminum foil and greased.
Place the marshmallows on top, pac them evenly (or not – I’m personally all for a mostly marshmallow brownie). Push them lightly into the mixture.
Bake in the oven according to brownie recipe or package instructions, ensuring the marshmallows are golden brown.
Let them cool.
Then cut and enjoy!
- 1 Box Brownie Mix or your favorite brownie recipe (Be sure to also get the ingredients for it listed on the box or in the recipe)
- 2 Tbs Kahlua
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Sleeve Graham Crackers 6-8 graham crackers
- 20 Marshmallows
Prepare the pan
- Line the pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
Make the batter
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions or recipe
- Mix in the Kahlua
- Carefully fold in the graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips into the batter
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan
- Place the marshmallows on top, spacing them evenly and pushing them lightly into the mixture
- Bake according to package or recipe instructions
- Let them cool and then enjoy!