Smore's Brownies are the perfect combination of summer favorites - gooey smore's and warm chocolate goodness! I first made this recipe for a 4th of July potluck but it has become a favorite ever since. The great thing about this recipe is that it take minimal ingredients and it allows you to enjoy the Smore's flavor without the need of a fire pit!
What is also great about this recipe is that you can include your kids in the baking process. I'm sure they would get a kick out of crushing the graham crackers and sprinkling the toppings on top! Also, if you don't have graham crackers but have something similar like Teddy Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal those could be used as substitutes for the crackers!
- Box of your favorite brownie mix, prepared as directed
- 5 graham crackers, crushed
- 1 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to the temperature directed on your brownie mix.
- Spray a 8 x 8 pan with non-stick spray.
- Prepare your brownie mix as directed.
- Place your brownie mix in your pan as bake as directed.
- Place your graham crackers in a ziplock bag and crush them. You don't want to make them into a fine powder (like when you make a pie crust) but you want a combination of fine pieces and larger pieces.
- When your brownies have 10 minutes left to bake, take them out carefully and add the crushed graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate chips. Spread the toppings evenly over the semi-baked brownie.
- Bake for the last ten minutes. Broil for 30 seconds to a minute, to toast the marshmallows, carefully watching it to make sure that they don't burn.
- Let the brownie cool for ten minutes before slicing. Enjoy!