This Peppermint Bark is smooth and creamy with crunchy peppermint candy canes and white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps on the top. This recipe can be made with or without the pretzel crisps. If you want to make this peppermint bark without the white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps, add one or two more crushed candy canes to the top of the white chocolate.
All you need is a microwave, microwave safe bowl, a spoon, four or five ingredients, a baking sheet and a piece of parchment paper or foil.
Check out our other candy recipes on Sweeter With Sugar with this link: Candy.
First, the dark chocolate.
Then, the white chocolate.
Add peppermint candies and white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps.
- 12 ounces Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Chips
- 3 4 ounce bars Ghirardelli Premium White Chocolate broken up
- 1 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 regular peppermint candy canes crushed
- 18 White Chocolate and Peppermint Pretzel Crisps
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet (10 x 13 size works best for me to spread out the chocolate thin like I like it).
- Crush 2 regular sized candy canes-I place the candy canes in a Ziplock or between plastic wrap and crush with the flat side of my meat tenderizer. Set aside.
- Remove 18 full pretzel crisps from the bag so you can quickly press these into the white chocolate later.
- Melt the dark chocolate chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 second intervals. With my microwave is takes 1 minute 15 seconds. Stir every 30 seconds. Stop microwaving once the chocolate is nearly melted and then, stir to finish melting. When melted and smooth, stir in peppermint extract, a little at a time.
- Pour melted dark chocolate onto the parchment lined baking sheet. Spread and smooth out to nearly the edges to make this layer thin. Then, place the baking sheet in the refrigerator. Set a timer for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes is over, break up the white chocolate bars and microwave in a microwave safe bowl. Heat at 30 second intervals-my white chocolate took the same as the dark chocolate. Stir to finish melting.
- Remove the dark chocolate from the refrigerator and pour the white chocolate over the dark chocolate. Spread and smooth out to match the size of the dark chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle half of the crushed candy canes on top of the white chocolate.
- Press 18 White Chocolate and Peppermint Pretzel Crisps into the white chocolate. Press them in straight lines with space between pretzel crisps-you will cut the bark between the pretzel crisps later.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top of the peppermint bark where needed.
- Then, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- Then, remove from the refrigerator, lift bark off of the pan with the parchment paper and place on a cutting board. Cut into 18 pieces. Cut between each pretzel with a sharp knife.
- **If not using the pretzel crisps, after spreading the white chocolate out, sprinkle three or more crushed candy canes on top of the white chocolate. Then, refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
- I add the peppermint to the dark chocolate layer-either layer will work. You can put some extract in both layers, if desired. Use more or less to get your desired peppermint flavor.
- Avoid palm oil in your dark and white chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate over nearly set dark chocolate as stated above.