Growing up in Georgia means late July and August incite cravings for ripe, juicy peaches, even if I've already had my fair share for the summer. That’s why I’m excited to share a fun new way to enjoy these delicious orange fruits…by grilling on the stove (or outdoors!). I used a grillpan that was easy to handle and had a simple, delicious dessert that was ready in just minutes. IMHO, grilled peaches are going to be your go-to for late summer, when or IF you tire of peach cobbler. With the cinnamon and ice cream, y’all, this seriously tastes like a deconstructed peach cobbler. (Yum.)
Read more at: https://inspiredepicurean.com/grilled-peaches/.
Until next time, cheers to your hearth, health, and happiness!
These delicate white peaches were perfect for a delicate, sweet flavor AND crisp grill marks.
Top with some vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the *perfect* dessert!
- 2 peaches
- 1/2 cup ice cream, optional
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Heat grill pan on stove over medium heat.
- Cut peaches in half and remove pit. Use brush to lightly coat with olive oil.
- Place peach (interior/flesh side down) on the grill pan - at an angle, if you want diagonal grill marks. Allow to cook for about 7 minutes. Use prongs to test if the peach flesh "gives" a little, without falling apart. Less ripe peaches will take longer to grill.
- While still on grill pan, coat the back with a little more olive oil. Flip on back side and allow to grill for a few additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and remove from pan. Top with ice cream and a little more cinnamon before serving. Enjoy!
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!