Spicy Cheese Wafers Recipe
Here is a Spicy Cheese Wafers Recipe that is “so easy even I’ll make it”.
This recipe can be made ahead of time so it’s great for a brunch, tea party or any occasion appetizer.
Spicy Cheese Wafers
This recipes is very simple with only a few basic ingredients.
(Posts on The Ponds Farmhouse may contain affiliate links. See the full disclosure details here.)
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.)
Preparation for recipe
Begin by allowing butter to soften and finely grate the cheese.
Next, add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix throughly.
Finally, add grated cheese and butter. Mix with hands until all ingredient are moist.
Roll out Cheese Wafers
Place mixture on wax paper and begin to shape into a log.
Wrap the wax paper around the log and roll until the log is approx. 2 inches in diameter.
Keep cheese log wrapped in wax paper and refrigerate for approx. 2 hours or until firm.
Ready to Bake Cheese Wafers
Preheat oven 400 degrees and remove log from refrigerator.
Then place a sheet of parchment paper over a large cookie sheet.
With a sharp knife, slice the cheese wafers approx. 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
Place on parchment paper approx. 1 inch apart.
Bake for approx. 10-14 minutes or until golden and firm.
Then remove from oven and place on cooling rack.
Once cool, they are ready to serve. If not serving immediately, place in airtight container but be sure they have completely cooled.
The Spicy Cheese Wafers are a delicious addition to any meal.
They are a great appetizer, great for a brunch or tea party and so much more.
The wafers are easy to make ahead of your event so they are a great choice for your menu.
I hope you enjoyed this “it’s so easy even I’ll make it” recipe!
You might also enjoy Artichoke & Sun dried Tomato Bites appetizer recipe as well as, this Fresh Herb & Cucumber Recipe.
Be sure to see more about our tea party tables on Thursday and the full tea party menu on Saturday.
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Spicy Cheese Wafers Recipe
- 8 oz. grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- Mix together all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
- Add grated cheese and softened butter and blend until throughly mixed
- Roll out onto wax paper, starting to form a log.
- Wrap the wax paper around the log and roll until roll into a log approx. 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter
- Keep cheese log wrapped in wax paper and refrigerate until firm (approx. 2 hours)
- Preheat Oven 400 degrees
- Slice cheese roll into 1/4-1/2 inches pieces
- Place parchment paper on large baking sheet
- Place slices cheese approx. 1 inch apart on parchment paper
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or until firm
- Remove to cooling rack
- Store in airtight container until ready to serve.
- You can substitute finely chopped jalapeño peppers for the cayenne pepper if desired. Just be sure to drain all liquid from the peppers prior to adding.
- If you prefer cheese straws, follow the above recipe but instead of rolling into a log, use an icing tube or plastic bag and squeeze the cheese mixture out into straws onto the parchment paper.