Make homemade Gushers with this quick and easy recipe. You just need two ingredients and you’ll have your own Gushers fruit candy.
This is a super quick and easy candy recipe that can be really fun to make with kids.
Select the same color gummies and place them in a microwave safe bowl. Then heat in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until melted.
Be careful not to overheat them as they can become hard and too difficult to chew.
Using a spatula, spoon the gummy into the silicone mold, coating the bottom and sides. You want to make sure you leave a space for the filling - that's why you only want to coat the bottom and sides.
Squeeze the liquid candy into the hole. Don't fill it all the way - make sure to eave room at the top.
Spread another layer of the melted gummy on top. Be sure to cover all of the liquid candy so it doesn’t leak out.
Leave to cool and set. Then remove your homemade Gushers from the mold and enjoy!
Get creative with the flavors and mix and match to get fun new combinations!
And here's the video tutorial if video is more your thing.
- Fruit gummies (I used Whole Foods Fruit Stars)
- Liquid candy
- Separating out a single flavor of the fruit gummies into a microwave safe dish.
- Heat in the microwave for 10 seconds at a time until melted.
- Spoon the gummy into the silicone mold, coating the bottom and sides.
- Fill the hole with liquid candy, leaving room at the top
- Spread another layer of the melted gummy on top. Be sure to cover all of the liquid candy so it doesn't leak out.
- Let them cool and set. Then remove from the mold
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!