Looking for a FUN & EASY craft you can do for this Thanksgiving holiday? Well look no further! Let me introduce you to Caramel Turkeys!
I’m not a crafty person,not at all. But when you can EAT the craft you make, well I’m all for that!
I love to place the finished caramel turkeys on top of cupcakes covered with a small amount of green icing, and decorate with edible leaves around them.
You can complete the entire Thanksgiving dinner with cupcakes such as turkey, mashed potatoes, peas and carrots, and of course dessert!!
This would also be super cute for April Fool's Day too!!
Please see step by step photographs on website for more explanation.
- 2 1/2 pieces caramels
- I use Kraft
- Warm 3 caramels in the microwave for about 10 seconds. They should be soft and moldable, if not place back in the microwave on 3 seconds
- Take 2 and 1/2 of the caramels and roll them into a smooth ball. Gently squeeze one end of the ball on the sides (in a tear shape). Set onto a bit of plastic wrap (or just use one of the caramel wrappers) so it won’t stick to your work surface
- Now, take the remaining half piece of caramel. Break it into 4 pieces – two bigger pieces and 2 smaller ones
- Roll the 2 larger pieces into balls and then shape into your turkey legs. Gently press these onto the end of the turkey body you pressed in.
- Take the 2 smaller balls and roll them into a thin rope. Position the rope into an “S” shape. Gently place these where the turkey’s arms would go on the sides of the body.