Morning Glory Muffins
Loaded with carrots, raisins, apples, pecans and flax seed, these morning glory muffins are the perfect, healthy to-go breakfast!
I was really craving muffins for breakfast yesterday, particularly ones with carrots and raisins in them! While I didn’t have a recipe for these type of muffins in my wide ranging muffin arsenal, I knew who would…Pinterest!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I'll receive a commission if you purchase through my link, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure here.
I hopped over there quickly and searched for Sunrise Muffins, because that’s what I’ve always called them. Immediately a bunch of various recipes came up, so I did what you’re not supposed to do to a book…I judged the muffins by their photos. I picked one that looked dense and full of lots of ingredients!
The recipe I ultimately decided upon was from Sally’s Baking Addiction, for Morning Glory Muffins. I’ve baked many of her recipes in the past, so I knew this one wouldn’t disappoint.
The muffins were easy to make, even though they have a lot of ingredients. Just think that the more you add, the more food groups you are knocking off in one meal!
Let’s Make Them Together!
The thing I loved most about these Morning Glory Muffins, is that they were not too sweet. I don’t like when you are trying to eat something more on the healthy side but it’s loaded with sugar. These muffins are a definite make again!
More Delicious Muffins!
- 26 Bread & Muffins Recipes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with Greek Yogurt | Moist & Delicious
- Cranberry Orange Walnut Muffins
- Pumpkin Spice Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Chocolate Drizzle
- Homemade Blackberry Muffins
- Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Strawberry Blueberry Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
· In: Breakfast Recipes, Featured Article, Recipes
Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 c whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 c flax seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 c honey
- 1/3 c melted coconut oil
- 1/3 c unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/3 c orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c shredded/grated carrots
- 1 c diced apple
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Spoon into greased muffin tins
- Bake for 23-24 minutes (original recipe says to bake at 425 for 5 minutes then lower temp to 350 for 18 minutes…I did not do this)