Lemon Bundt Cake
This is one of the best lemon cake recipes I have ever made. So lemony and sweet, it makes a perfect afternoon treat at tea time.
Or serve a slice as a dessert after dinner. If you love lemon cakes, give this recipe a try!
Fifteen minutes to get it ready and another 30 minutes for baking – then let it cool before decorating the top with a smattering of confectioners sugar.
This recipe uses Meyer lemons, which are naturally much sweeter than other lemons. If you are going to use lemons which are not Meyer lemons, add another cup of sugar to the cake mixture!
Doesn't this look good, and sprinkling confectioner's sugar on top adds a pretty touch.
Add ingredients as the recipe indicates, then pour mixture into a bundt cake pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, then let cool for 10 minutes.
After the cake has cooled, turn it out onto a cookie rack and let it cool further.
After the cake is completely cool, use a sifter to sprinkle icing sugar (confectioner's sugar) over the top of the bundt cake.
Grate zest from one lemon onto the top of the cake as well.
Cut, serve and enjoy!
If you love lemons, you will also enjoy this Lemon Loaf - it is iced with a Rosemary Lemon glaze and is delicious!
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 teaspoons meyer lemon juice
- powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease bundt cake pan.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, or in the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whisk together the sour cream, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 5-10 minutes before turning it out of the bundt pan onto a cooling rack to let it cool completely.
- Once the bundt cake is cooled completely, move cake to serving dish.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top. Then zest one lemon over the bundt cake