Need a quick & easy No Bake Cheesecake that looks like you spent hours preparing it? Harvest Thyme Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake to the rescue!
Harvest Thyme Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cheesecake
Pictured above are the ingredients you will need in addition to a chocolate graham cracker crust. If you are interested in purchasing any of their products, use the code farmhouse to receive 15% off your order at www.MadDashMixes.com
Let’s Talk About Preparing the Crust
The basic recipe on the back of the Mad Dash Mixes Cheesecake Mix says it can be made in an 8″ graham cracker crust. I recently purchased a 9″ Springform pan to replace the one that somehow got misplaced when I was going thru the downsizing/moving process. I wanted to see if I could make a chocolate graham cracker crust in my new pan.
After researching the process, I decided to give it a try.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust in a 9" Springform Pan
A graham cracker crust can be made in a springform pan following these directions.
Prep Time 20 minsFreese 1 hrTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
Servings 1 9 inch crust
- 9 ' Springform Pan
- Rolling Pin
- plastic bag with a zipper closure
- parchment paper
- 2 1/2 cups crushed chocolate graham crackers approximately 14 graham crackers
- 8 T melted butter
- butter or shortening to grease the sides of the pan
- Approximately 14 graham crackers will be needed to make 2 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers
Preparing the Springform Pan
- Line the bottom of the springform pan with parchment paper
use butter or shortening to grease the sides of the pan. In place of the butter or shortening, it may be possible to spray the pan with pan spray. Check the directions with the pan. You could also line the insides of the pan with parchment paper.
Well greased sides are essential in getting the finished cheesecake out of the pan without the crust crumbling.
Preparing the Crust
- place the graham crackers in the plastic bag and zip shut
using a rolling pin, crush the graham crackers
Place the graham cracker crumbs in a bowl and add the melted butter. Blend with a fork until all crumbs are covered. Place the crumbs in the prepared pan . Using a spatula , press the crumbs firmly in the bottom and about 1/2 way up the sides of the pan. I also used the side of a measuring cup to help press the crumbs around the sides of the pan.
Place the pan the freezer for an hour. After an hour, you will be ready to fill with the no bake cheesecake filling of your choice. I used the Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Mix from Mad Dash Mixes for my cheesecake but any no bake cheesecake will work.
Once you have filled the crust and allowed it to chill for several hours, unlatch the latch and gently remove the outer rim from the pan.
Add decorative sprinkles if desired to the top of the cheesecake, slice and serve
ALTERNATE SERVING IDEAS
A plain graham cracker crust could be used in place of the chocolate graham cracker crust that I made in the springform pan. You could purchase a ready made crust or follow the directions for making the chocolate graham cracker crust and substitute regular graham crackers for the chocolate ones. One grocery brand even makes a ready made graham cracker crust that has pecans in it! I think that would be really delicious! I will have to try that one soon!
If you want to make individual cheesecakes, Keebler makes a package of 6 mini graham cracker crusts. Individual cheesecakes could also be prepared using a muffin tin.
Instead of filling a pie crust, the prepared no bake cheesecake can be served in a bowl as a dip for fresh fruit or cookies.
If you would like the recipe for the Chocolate Graham Cracker crust, it can be found here:
On Last Look
I was very happy with how the Harvest Thyme Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cheesecake turned out. I did have a bit of crumbling with one area of the crust when I took it out of the springform pan. The decorative Chocolate sprinkles add just the right touch to the top of the cheesecake. The sprinkles come in other colors so you can coordinate the topping with your color scheme if desired.
I definitely will be making this No Bake Cheesecake again!
Harvest Thyme Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cheesecake
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened low fat cream cheese can be used
- 8 oz Cool Whip other brands of whipped topping can be used
- 1 9" Chocolate Graham cracker crust prepared in a Springform pan
- 1 packet Pumpkin Spice No Bake Cheesecake Mix by Mad Dash Mixes
- Decorative Sprinkles if desired
- Add softened cream cheese and the Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Mix in a bowl. Blend until Creamy
- Fold in Cool Whip or other whipped topping
- Gently Spread in prepared 9 " crust in Springform pan
- Chill for at least 3 hours
- After the cheesecake has chilled, remove from refrigerator
- unlatch the latch and carefully remove the outside portion of the Springform pan
- If desired, sprinkle Decorative Chocolate Sprinkles over the top of the Cheesecake
- slice cheesecake into 12 slices and serve. Cover & refrigerate any remaining cheesecake
- When using a springform pan, carry it by holding the sides. Once the pan is filled with either a crust, cake batter or cheesecake... DO NOT PRESS THE BOTTOM OF THE PAN! Pressing the bottom can cause the pan to come apart and potentially make a mess! Ask me how I know.....