I love cake! I mean, who doesn’t? Bundt cakes are one of my favorite types of cakes because you're able to use unique designs. Plus, their unique shapes are stunning. Pretty design + delicious cake = a happy gal. So in honor of 2022 around the corner, I have one of my favorite types of cake flavors: lemon! It’s incredibly moist, luscious, perfectly fruity and will fill you up with all the good NYE vibes. It’s just THAT good. It even has a bonus vanilla bean cream cheese glaze on top which pairs amazing with pumpkin. It’s perfect for eating at a family get together, sharing with your friends, or even just eating the whole thing by yourself. If you don’t believe how good it is, just try it for yourself; no regrets, promise!
Lemon Bundt Cake
1 10" cake
1 hr 25 min
Lemon Bundt Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon bakery emulsion (or lemon flavor)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: Cream Cheese Bakery Emulsion
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Grease a 10-inch bundt pan with oil, making sure to get into all the crevices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the buttermilk, lemon zest, lemon juice, and lemon bakery emulsion. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.
- Alternating between the flour mixture and buttermilk mixture, beat them in one at a time. Make sure all of the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared bundt pan and smooth it out with a rubber spatula. Bake for 65 to 75 minutes, or until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out crumb-free.
- Don't over-mix to prevent the cake from being overly dense!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published December 31st, 2021 11:46 PM