Do you love taco salads? This taco salad recipe is made with chicken. Chicken Tostadas have so many yummy ingredients you will love. Cook the chicken in the slow cooker for perfectly tender and juicy chicken every time. The tender flavorful shredded chicken, crunchy tostadas, black beans, tomatoes, lettuce, cilantro, green onion, sour cream, cheese, guacamole and a delicious cilantro lime dressing that brings this chicken taco salad together (and also goes well with other dishes). There are many chicken recipes on our family recipe blog, Sweeter With Sugar, that you and your loved ones will love. Here is the link to our chicken recipes: CHICKEN
Delicious and fun dinner idea.
Cook the chicken in a slow cooker, drain the juices, shred the chicken and add the seasonings.
Make it a Tostada Bar and everyone can make their own.
- 1 1/2- 2 pounds chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- 1 cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 tsp Lawry's Seasoning Salt
- 8-10 tostadas
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- lettuce shredded
- green onions sliced
- roma tomatoes diced
- sour cream
- Cheddar or Colby Jack grated
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- extra cilantro leaves optional
- Place chicken into a slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours, until cooked through (165° F-intermnal temperature).
- Remove chicken breasts from the slow cooker and shred.
- Remove chicken juices from the slow cooker and discard.
- Place shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and add Italian Salad Dressing and Lawry's Seasoning Salt. Stir to combine.
While The Chicken Cooks:
- Make Cilantro Lime Dressing and Guacamole. Refrigerate.
- About 30 minutes before the chicken is ready, shred lettuce, slice onion, dice tomatoes, grate cheese and tear cilantro leaves.
- Drain and rinse black beans, set aside.
- Make your tostada: place tostadas on a sheet pan and sprinkle cheese on the tostadas. Place in the oven under the broiler just to melt the cheese.
- Top tostada with lettuce, cheese, black beans, chicken, green onion, diced tomatoes, guacamole, sour cream, more cheese and cilantro leaves, If desired.
- Then, top with Cilantro Lime Dressing. Serve.
How do you make the cilantro lime dressing?