Chicken Mushroom Fajitas
Mad Dash Mixes Fajita Seasoning brings the perfect blend of spices to your homemade Chicken Mushroom fajitas!
I am showcasing one of Mad Dash Mixes seasonings and using it to make Chicken Mushroom Fajitas! The company offers 4 different meat seasonings: Caribbean Jerk, Texas BBQ, Fajita Rub and Steakhouse Seasoning. Mad Dash Mixes Fajita seasoning brings just the right amount of spicy flavor to your homemade fajita filling.
The first step is to make a fajita spice mixture. The mixture is so easy to make! Simply combine olive oil, lime juice, 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons of the Fajita Seasoning, and minced garlic. Blend well and set aside.
Now you are ready to slice the vegetables. I actually purchased already sliced fresh mushrooms so all I needed to do was rinse them and let them drain.
Next, slice one bell pepper. You can use any color of pepper. I chose yellow.
Slice a medium size onion. I used a red onion to add more color to the finished dish.
Once all your vegetables are sliced, slice 1 pound of boneless chicken breast into strips.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add the chicken breast strips. Cook until the chicken is lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Stir in the onions, peppers & mushrooms. Cook until the vegetables are tender, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Once the vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, stir in the Fajita spice mixture and continue cooking for another 2 minutes or so until everything is heated through and the fajita seasoning is well mixed in.
Remove the Chicken Mushroom Fajita filing from the heat.
Prepare an assortment of toppings to serve with the fajitas. We like to add guacamole, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Other toppings that you could use include salsa, lettuce and assorted herbs such as cilantro.
After assembling your fajita and adding your toppings, you are ready to enjoy!
Cooking With Kim
My entrepreneurial journey started with my love of herbs, both growing and cooking with them. My love of herbs eventually led to owning a pizzeria.
Chicken Mushroom Fajitas
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup olive oil divided into 3 T for the spice mixture, 1 T for cooking the chicken
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning by Mad Dash Mixes
- 1 medium onion I used red onion for extra color
- 1 bell pepper remove seeds and slice into strips
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms if using pre sliced mushrooms from the grocery store, rinse them before adding to the skillet
- 1 package tortillas
- assorted toppings shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, etc
- Mix 3 tablespoons olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic and the Fajita seasoning together. Set aside
- chop the onions, bell peppers and the mushrooms.
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium high heat
- add the chicken breast strips to the skillet and cook until the chicken is lightly browned. Approximately 2 minutes.
- Once the chicken is lightly browned,stir in the vegetables and cook for 3 to 5 minutes . Cook until the vegetables are tender
- Stir in the fajita spice mixture
- Continue to cook for another 2 minutes or so, until the ingredients are heated through. Remove from heat
- Prepare an assortment of toppings for the fajitas. Toppings can include shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, salsa and lettuce.
- arrange the Chicken Mushroom fajita filling and your choice of toppings on top of a tortilla. Fold and enjoy!
- The use of 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of the Fajita Seasoning will add a subtle touch of spice. If you prefer a spicier marinade, simply add another tablespoon or 2 of the Fajita seasoning when preparing the spice mixture.