Vegan Pumpkin Bread
Fall has always been a favorite season of mine for so many reasons – from the weather, fall colors both in nature and in outfits, and of course for all the fall root veggies, abundance of apples, figs, squashes and of course pumpkin! I often find myself whipping up pumpkin baked goods year round – definitely not limiting myself to one season!
I can’t believe it has taken me this long to share this Vegan Pumpkin Bread recipe. This is made with whole wheat flour, pure pumpkin puree, flax eggs, and slightly sweetened with maple syrup. I’ve added a yummy oat topping but feel free to leave off or add a simple cinnamon or maple glaze (just mix water, powdered sugar, cinnamon/maple syrup together!).
Vegan Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flax meal mixed with 5 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ banana mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- Preheat your oven to 325F and line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, make your flax egg by mixing together 2 tbsp of flax meal and 5 tbsp of water. Give it a slight mix and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix your dry ingredients until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, mash your banana. Then add in the rest of your wet ingredients: maple syrup, flax eggs, vanilla, almond milk, pumpkin puree, and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix until just well combined. You don’t want to overmix.
- Pour into your prepared loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oat topping and then sprinkle on top of your loaf pan. I then like to slightly press it into the batter to make sure it sticks.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes until the toothpick comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes before slicing and then enjoy!!