Paneer paratha is a popular North Indian flatbread made with whole wheat flour dough and stuffed with savory, spiced, grated paneer (Indian cottage cheese) stuffing. Paneer paratha is one of the most popular stuffed paratha varieties from Punjab and usually made for breakfast. Before we jump into the recipe, let us look at how healthy and nutritious paneer paratha is. Paneer paratha has many health benefits. T
they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are low GI foods. Paneer contains high quality protein and calcium which aids in weight loss. It also contains Omega 3 fatty acids that promotes heart health.
And Yes, paneer paratha is healthy. Paneer paratha is made of whole wheat flour and stuffed with paneer
OMG OUR BREAKFAST IS SORTED !
Things required for filling
- 2 cups crumbled paneer / cottage cheese (homemade paneer-optional)
- ½ tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- salt to taste
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- fistful coriander leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- for paratha dough:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour / atta
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- water as required for kneading
- ¼ cup wheat flour for dusting
- In a small mixing bowl take crumbled paneer, add chilli powder, garam masala, aamchur powder and salt. Now add ginger and coriander leaves. Give a good mix and keep aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, take wheat flour add salt, add water and knead the dough for 5 minutes grease the dough with a tsp of oil and rest for atleast 20 minutes.
- Make a medium sized ball dough, roll about 5 inches in diameter. Place the prepared stuffing in the center, take the edge and start pleating bringing to center and press the pleats from center. Sprinkle some flour and roll to of a chapati size.
- Ina hot tava place the rolled paratha and cook both sides, add ghee and press slightly. finally, serve hot paneer parathas with sauce, raita or pickle.
- Too much flour on the parathas can make them hard. Place the ball on the rolling area and flatten it slightly with fingers. With the help of a rolling pin begin to roll each ball to a round layer or roti of 7 inches