Weight Watchers Banana Bread
If you love banana bread but thought you couldn’t have it while trying to lose weight, you have to try this Weight Watchers Banana Bread. It is so moist and delicious, no one would think it was lower in fat and calories.
I love me some banana bread. It is one of my go to things to make. We eat it for breakfast and snacks and even the kids love it. Sometimes we add chocolate chips or nuts. We have even made it with peanut butter chips. But none of those make the banana bread Weight Watchers approved. So I played with the recipe and came up with a 1 point Weight Watchers Banana Bread recipe that tastes amazing.
How to Store Banana Bread
Banana Bread can be stored at room temperature. The key to making banana bread last is to make sure it is covered well. This can be with plastic wrap, a freezer bag or in an airtight container. Anything that protects the bread from being exposed to the air.
Banana bread can also be stored in the refrigerator. It will last a few days longer in the the refrigerator but I prefer it at room temperature.
Can Banana Bread Be Frozen
YES! I love to freeze banana bread. When we make WW banana bread, I always make a double batch and freeze one of the loaves. This lets me have banana bread whenever I want it.
Before I freeze the bread, I like to cut it into slices. Then I wrap each slice with plastic wrap and then I place it in a freezer bag. This keeps everything from getting freezer burn and keeps the slices all together in one place in the freezer.
How Long Does WW Banana Bread Last
When banana bread is stored at room temperature and covered, it will last for about 4-5 days. If it is stored in the refrigerator, it will last for about 10 days. It can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Can These Be Made into Banana Muffins
If you want to make these into banana bread muffins, you can easily make the change. Be sure to spray each muffin tin well with non stick cooking spray or use a cupcake liner. Then, bake the muffins for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
What is the Best Sugar Substitute for This Weight Watchers Banana Bread
I am using Splenda. I like that it is a one to one sugar substitute. That means that if a recipe calls for sugar, I can use Splenda and not have to adjust the amount I am putting in. With some of the other sugar substitutes you have to adjust it because it is stronger than sugar. Stevia is a good example of this.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
How Many Points in Weight Watchers Banana Bread
When you use a sugar substitute in this recipe, it will come in at 1 point per slice on all plans. This is when you are making it into 12 servings. If you made this banana bread using real sugar, it would come in at 5 points.
- Purple Plan – 1 point per serving
- Blue Plan– 1 point per serving
- Green Plan – 1 point per serving
Depending on your Personal Points plan these points might be different. The new plan caters the points to your own personal preferences. I like to keep the old plans point here because it gives people a nice general idea. Most people’s points changed when they did the new assessment, however, the points per item, for most people, do not change that significantly.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
7 Day Healthy Meal Plan Ebook with Recipes
Want 7 days of healthy recipes the whole family will love? Get Instant Access
Why is my banana bread moist?
The reason that banana bread is moist in the first place is because of the bananas. If you add too many bananas to the batter, the bread will seem too moist and not done in the center.Why is my banana bread soggy in middle?
Bananas take longer to bake than traditional bread ingredients. You want to make sure you are checking your bread sooner rather than later so that it doesn’t overcook, but at the same time, make sure you do not bring the WW banana bread out of the oven too soon.What to do if banana bread is raw in the middle?
You want to make sure you test the banana bread before you take it from the oven. Poke the loaf in the center using a butter knife or skewer and make sure it comes out clean. If it does not, bake for another 5 minutes, then check again.
If you have already taken the bread from the oven and let it cool, you can usually place it back in the oven to bake some more. Most times, this will turn out ok. Does homemade banana bread need to be refrigerated?
You do not want to store the banana bread in the refrigerator. As long as you are eating the Weight Watchers banana bread in the next few days, you want to keep it on the counter, covered well. Storing any type of bread in the refrigerator tends to dry it out faster.Is banana bread good for a diet? Does banana bread make you gain weight?
Yes and No. It depends. A lot of people wonder if Banana Bread will make you gain weight or if it is bad for you when you are on a diet. Banana bread is usually filled with sugar and oil as well as carbs, so a typical banana bread recipe can be bad for you on a diet as well as make you gain weight.
When you make this version of Weight Watchers Banana Bread, I cam giving you a lower fat and lower calorie version. You can make the banana bread with regular sugar, which makes it higher in calories or you can make it with a sugar substitute. Depending on your lifestyle, whether you want to eat clean or not, either way can still be a better choice than traditional banana bread because it does not have as much as the unhealthy stuff in it, which means, it is better for you. Can I Add Nuts
A lot of people like to add nuts to their banana bread. I personally don’t, but I don’t like nuts in my bread. If you want to add nuts, I recommend adding nuts like pecans or walnuts. I would dice the nuts very small and use about 1/2 cup to 1 cup depending on how many you like.Do I Use Ripe Bananas
You want to make sure your bananas are very ripe. Make sure they are very soft and have black spots. This will give you the best tasting and best textured banana.Why is my Banana Bread gummy
It was overmixed. It is very important to not over mix the banana bread.
Ingredients in Weight Watchers Banana Bread
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Sugar substitute – I am using Splenda, if you are using another substitute. you want the equivalent to 1 cup
- Unsweetened applesauce
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
How to Make Banana Bread
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
In a medium bowl mash bananas with a fork or potato masher.
Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
Pour mixture into greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes. The bread is done with a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Let cool on a baking rack.
More Weight Watchers Recipes
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Muffins
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Weight Watchers Donut Hole Recipe
- Rocky Road Cupcakes
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Weight Watchers Banana Bread
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 cup Sugar substitute
- 1/2 cup natural applesauce
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Test that the bread is done by sticking a toothpick or skewer into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Let cool on a baking rack.