Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
Make this refreshing Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl for a healthy breakfast or an easy snack in the afternoon. It’s a delicious gluten-free and vegan treat made with just 5 common ingredients in 5 minutes. The endless topping options make this smoothie bowl extra special.
Level up your smoothie game and make a smoothie bowl instead. Regular smoothies and bowls are delicious and appropriate for a healthy diet.
The biggest difference is that smoothie bowls are much thicker and are served with a spoon. They are typically loaded with various toppings like a drizzle of almond butter, chocolate chips, or fresh fruit of any kind.
One of the greatest benefits of smoothie bowls is how versatile they are. You can add just about any fresh or frozen fruit and your milk of choice and blend to a perfectly smooth consistency. From there, you have about a million healthy toppings to choose from.
Add a scoop or two of your favorite protein powder directly into the smoothie for an easy breakfast. Or enjoy it as is for a refreshing afternoon snack. Either way, this delicious strawberry banana smoothie bowl will become a favorite in your home as it has in ours.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl has five common keto ingredients plus various toppings.
- Strawberries - use frozen strawberries for the creamiest smoothie bowl
- Banana - preferably super ripe with brown spots but can also use frozen banana
- Coconut milk - refrigerated full-fat coconut milk is ideal for best results
- Honey - just a touch of honey; omit if vegan
- Chia seeds - for extra nutrition and helps make a super creamy smoothie bowl
- Toppings: sliced kiwi, cacao nibs, coconut flakes
This easy strawberry smoothie bowl comes together quickly with the help of a high-speed blender. Add all the ingredients and prepare your favorite toppings for a delicious and healthy treat.
Add strawberries, banana, coconut milk, honey, and chia seeds to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
Pour into a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!
This smoothie bowl, as written, is already dairy-free and paleo-compliant. To make this vegan and Whole30, omit the honey. Additionally, you can make various modifications to fit your taste preferences and add variety to this healthy snack.
Sweetener options: The sweetness between strawberries and bananas may be sufficient without added sugar. But feel free to add honey or maple syrup to taste.
Milk options: The recipe as written in the recipe card calls for refrigerated coconut milk, but you can use any milk of choice. Almond milk, oat milk, and cashew milk may all work but with minor tweaking. If you don’t want the consistency of a regular smoothie, start low and adjust as needed. You can even try the smoothie bowl with Greek yogurt for a truly healthy smoothie bowl.
Thick smoothie bowl: To get that thicker bowl-like consistency, make sure you use frozen strawberries. I used 1 cup of frozen strawberries and one banana (non-frozen) in my Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl.
Protein-rich smoothie bowl: Add supplement powders like vanilla or chocolate protein powder directly into the blender, if desired. I like to add PB2 powdered peanut butter to boost protein, healthy fats, and flavor.
Strawberry banana smoothie bowl recipe is pretty simple on its own. But consider these helpful tips for best results:
- You must use some frozen fruit for thicker smoothie bowls. If you only have fresh strawberries on hand, use a frozen banana.
- Add ½ cup of coconut milk or coconut water and blend. You might have to adjust this as needed, but the goal is a thick consistency, so don't add too much liquid.
- If you want to convert this to a drinkable traditional smoothie, just adjust the liquid until it’s the desired consistency.
More Smoothie Bowl Toppings
- chia, hemp, flax or sunflower seeds
- fresh sliced or chopped fruit (berries, bananas, kiwi, mangoes, papaya, apples, oranges, pineapple, pomegranate seeds)
- frozen berries
- bee pollen
- goji berries
- oats or cereal
- nut butter (warm in microwave and drizzle on - so good!)
- cocoa nibs or chocolate chips
- vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
Make this smoothie bowl as needed for the best flavor and texture. As with most smoothies, this doesn’t keep well because the ingredients will separate. It’s best enjoyed immediately but because it’s thicker and richer, it can last longer than regular smoothies.
Considering how quickly this easy smoothie bowl comes together in a blender - there is no need to make it ahead of time.
The best way to serve this strawberry smoothie bowl is to dress it with your favorite toppings. Here are some great ideas for you to choose from.
- Fresh fruit like pomegranate seeds, banana slices, and fresh berries
- For a crunch, add pumpkin seeds, chopped walnuts, and slivered almonds
- Make it an indulgent treat and drizzle a little bit of peanut butter (or your favorite nut butter) and top with a few chocolate chips
- Homemade granola, oats or cereal
- Other toppings like bee pollen, herbs, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, hemp hearts, chia seeds, and flax seeds
Start your day with this healthy smoothie bowl or whip it up for your kiddos as an easy afterschool snack. It’s loaded with refreshing flavors and packed with nutrition.
You can increase the protein by adding a few scoops of your favorite collagen protein.
More smoothie recipes
- Coffee Banana Oat Smoothie
- Simple Green Smoothies
- Matcha Smoothie Bowl
- Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- Berry Peach Smoothie Bowl
Please share my How To Make a Healthy Smoothie Bowl guide on Pinterest...
Share this Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to http://www.seasonalcravings.com with this graphic.
img src='https://www.seasonalcravings.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/healthysmoothiebowlpt.jpg' alt='How To Make a Healthy Smoothie Bowl' width='540px' border='0' />
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk, refrigerated
- 1 tablespoon honey (leave out if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- sliced kiwi berries
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs
- 1 teaspoon coconut flakes
- Add first five ingredients to a high powered blender and blend well. Add more milk if necessary, just a little bit at a time. Leave out the honey if vegan.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy!