Hosting a party and looking for the perfect signature cocktail to serve? This recipe for Peppermint White Russians fits the bill. This drink is easy to make and is a great cocktail to serve!
This recipe makes 1 serving but it is easy to double or triple this if you've got a group. Simply mix it together in a large pitcher and then serve in pretty cocktail glasses.
The crushed Peppermint makes a pretty and tasty garnish, but you can easily leave that off if you like. The Peppermint goes especially well during the winter holidays or on any cold day.
Serve with some filling appetizers, like this yummy Cheddar Bacon Dip.
For a lighter version of this cocktail, use milk instead of half and half.
This will reduce the calories and fat but make the drink thinner, so be aware that cream is important to keep the decadent, creamy texture.
Rim the glass with crushed peppermints. TIP: Using corn syrup helps to hold the crushed peppermint in place!
Then fill the glass roughly half way with ice.
Add the vodka, peppermint schnapps, half and half, and Kahlua. Then, sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top. Add a mini candy cane to each glass if you like and serve.
Like our Facebook page and never miss a recipe for delicious cocktails and appetizers!
- 1 oz. Kahlua coffee liqueur
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- 2 oz. half and half cream
- Ice Cubes
- Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- Corn Syrup (for garnish)
- Crushed red Peppermints or Candy Canes
- Miniature Candy Canes
- 1. Pour 3-4 tbsp. corn syrup into a saucer, and crushed peppermints or crushed candy canes to another saucer.
- 2. Dip the rim of the glass into the corn syrup, followed by the crushed candies.
- 3. Fill your decorated glass about halfway with ice.
- 4. Add the vodka, peppermint schnapps, half and half, and Kahlua.
- 5. Sprinkle pumpkin pie spice on top.
- 6. Add a mini candy cane to each glass and serve.
- Omit the half and half for a Black Russian cocktail.
- Peppermit vodka can be used instead of Peppermint Schnapps.
- Try this cocktail with other flavors of vodka like chocolate or vanilla for other flavor combinations.
- Using milk instead of half and half will make for a lighter cocktail, but also a thinner one.