Want a cocktail recipe that is going to give you an extra boost of energy after a long day? If yes - then this is the recipe for you!!
An espresso martini.
The perfect cocktail on a Friday evening after a long week of work. Super easy to make, with only a couple ingredients.
If you don't have an espresso machine, don't worry! I have other options for those of you who are unable to make a fresh espresso shot at home.
You'll be sure to impress your guests with this recipe!
Don't have an espresso machine? You can use cold brew concentrate instead!
The foam - the best part!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 ounce Kahlúa (or other coffee liqueur of your choice)
- 1 ounce espresso freshly brewed (or cold brew concentrate)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- Garnish: coffee beans (optional)
- Pull your espresso and let it cool completely.
- While waiting for your coffee to cool - in a shaker cup put ice, simple syrup, vodka and coffee liqueur.
- Once coffee is cooled, add it to the shaker.
- Put the top on the shaker and give it a hard shake, this is what creates the nice foam.
- Quickly after shaking, strain into a martini glass.
- Top with coffee beans if desired, then serve.
- Make your own simple syrup by heating up equal parts of sugar and water until the sugar is fully dissolved. Let mixture cool and then add to your next cocktail recipe!