The Best Potato Salad
For all you mayo haters out there, this potato salad is for you! This is THE BEST DAMN POTATO SALAD… so shout out to my fiancée (and her fam) for introducing this to me.
It’s the absolute bomb! And all this nice weather coming up is a reminder that bbq season is right around the corner. So make sure this potato salad is a weekly staple in your house, just like it is in ours. If you’re not into bbqing, no biggie. You can still make this potato salad on a weekly basis and serve it as a side with any meal.
I’ll also give you a little trick to make the potato salad even better. Cut and dress the potatoes while they’re hot, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Yes, this will hurt your fingers and yes it’s worth the pain, because next day you’ll have the best damn potato salad of your life!
- 4-6 Servings
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Clean your potatoes and then add them to a large pot. Add enough cold water to cover the potatoes. Place the pot with the potatoes over medium-high heat, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook the potatoes for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until fork tender (the time will vary depending on their size)
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the dressing. Add the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to a bowl. Whisk until fully combined. Then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, drain them. Keeping the skin on, immediately cut them into 1/4 inch thick slices (yes this will hurt your fingers and yes it is worth the pain). Then add the cut potatoes into a separate bowl.
- Once all the potatoes are sliced, add the red onion, parsley, and dressing. Mix until fully combined. Cover and place the potatoes in the fridge to cool. Right before you serve, taste and adjust seasoning and dressing as needed.
- There are two tricks to make this the best potato salad:
- Cut and dress the potatoes while they're hot; and
- Let the potato salad sit in the fridge overnight, so the potatoes soak up all the dressing.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go