This creamy garlic salmon recipe is infused with so many delicious flavors including sundried tomatoes and lime (as well as cream and garlic of course!) The flavors blend together so nicely to create a rich, thick sauce that compliments the natural salmon flavor beautifully. My favorite way to eat this dish is on a bed of spaghetti however it also pairs nicely with bread or steamed vegetables. When cooking it is best to undercook than overcook the salmon as your salmon will continue to cook slightly once incorporated with the sauce over the hot flame. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Creamy Garlic Salmon
- 7 serves
- Prep time: 10 Minutes Cook time: 20 Minutes Total time: 30 min
- Olive oil for cooking
- 7 medium pieces of fresh or frozen salmon(skinless)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 50 grams butter
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup full-fat milk
- 2.5 teaspoons crushed garlic
- ¼ teaspoon lime juice
- 4 teaspoons sundried tomato paste
- ½ grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 stalks of fresh oregano (for seasoning)
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, place the salmon fillets in the sauce pan and season them to taste with salt and pepper.
- Sear the salmon until it softens and turns a lighter shade of pink. You can flip the salmon pieces over once they start to looked more cooked as this will help to cook the pieces more evenly. The salmon should take around 10 minutes to cook. Once it is cooked to your liking, take the salmon off the heat and set aside.
- In a large flat pan (ideally similar to a paella, but any large pan will work), melt the butter on medium heat. Using a wooden spoon, stir in cream, milk, crushed garlic, sundried tomato paste, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the sauce in incorporated well, bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add in the salmon and gently pour the sauce onto the salmon, you can beak the salmon into whatever size pieces you prefer or simply leave the salmon pieces as they are.
- Take the dish off the heat and garnish with oregano leaves.
- Serve warm with spaghetti, bread or steamed vegetables.