Never Inappropriate Mixed Berry Cobbler
Who is ready for this mixed berry cobbler? There is never an inappropriate time to enjoy this deliciousness. I won’t tell if you have it for breakfast, I promise. Blackberries, strawberries, and blueberries make up the mixed berries in this cobbler.
Before I had this recipe the best cobbler I had was made by a very nice lady down near Virginia Beach. I never asked for her recipe as I was afraid it might be a family secret. Now you can make it yourself with the recipe below.
Can you use a different berry than blueberries?
I am sure you could use blackberries or raspberries by themselves, but you may need to adjust the sugar. Also, you could use just strawberries alone which would give it more of a cobbler than shortcake taste.
- 7 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 45 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 9”x 6” baking dish with non-stick baking spray .
- In a large bowl add the berries.
- Drizzle the berries with lemon juice.
- Toss to combine.
- Add the cornstarch to the berries and toss to combine.
- Allow the berries to marinate for 20 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Set aside
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until well-blended.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles little crumbs.
- Pour the berries into the baking dish.
- Drop the dough evenly on top of the berries.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go