Spicy Tuna Melts
A few weeks ago, I asked my Instagram followers what types of Monday Meals they wanted to see and received quite a few requests for quick dinners. So recently, I did a pantry haul and made these quick and delicious spicy tuna melts! I used leftover sourdough bread I had recently baked, a few cans of tuna, a Serrano pepper, cheddar cheese and some other everyday pantry items. The spicy tuna with the sharp cheddar cheese made the perfect crispy, melty sandwich. Serve these with carrot sticks, sliced cucumbers or celery stalks for an easy, 15-minuet meal anytime during the week!
- 3 Sandwiches
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Mise en place by shredding cheddar cheese and finely dicing serrano pepper (keeping separate) and set aside.
- Butter one side (the outside) of each piece of bread with 1 teaspoon of butter and set aside.
- Mix tuna, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and diced serrano pepper.
- Assemble sandwiches by placing one slice of bread down (butter side down), adding spicy tuna mixture then shredded cheese. Top with another slice of bread (butter side up).
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to cast iron skillet and set over medium-high heat. Once butter is melted and skillet is sizzling, cook sandwiches one-at-a-time, about 2-3 minutes until bread is nice and crispy and cheese is starting to melt. Carefully flip sandwich with a steel spatula and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go