Oven Braised Beef
This super tender slow cooked beef is perfect for a Sunday night dinner. It pairs so well with fluffy mashed potatoes, making it the ULTIMATE comfort meal. I love this recipe because you just put everything in the oven and forget about it for 3 hours. The oven does all the work!
No matter how warm it gets outside, I will always be in the mood for some cozy tender braised beef. I used chuck roast for this recipe and by the time it was done cooking it fell right apart on my fork.
Follow my Instagram @tikofoods for more yummy meals.
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 3 Hours|Total time: 3 Hours 20 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Chop beef into cubes
- Coat the beef cubes in flour, shake off excess
- Heat oil in an oven safe pot, then add the coated beef
- Brown all sides of the meat, then remove the meat and set aside. Do this in batches as you should not overcrowd the pan.
- Add more olive oil and add the carrots, onions, celery, and garlic
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stir until softened, then add the balsamic vinegar, red wine, and beef broth
- Bring to a boil then add the rosemary, thyme, and bay leaves
- Place the meat back in the pot then place into the oven for 3 to 4 hours, until extremely tender
- Remove the bay leaves and herb stems, then serve over potatoes
- You can use butter instead of olive oil
- Add mushrooms if you'd like
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go