Here’s a gardening tip too: instead of using bug sprays on your tomato or basil plants, plant big bunches of marigolds near them—I’ve found that marigolds are great at helping to keep the bugs away!
Fresh tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella…three of my favorite things to eat, in one great salad…Caprese Salad! It makes a nice lunch or light dinner. And in the summer, if you have a garden and grow tomatoes and basil, it’s so nice to be able to go out to your backyard and pick your meal fresh from the garden!
The tomatoes are drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil and a dash of red wine vinegar...so delicious!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 0 Minutes|Total time: 15 Minutes
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, and arrange on a serving platter. Season with salt, pepper, and sugar if desired.
- Scatter basil leaves over the tomatoes and cheese (if using large basil leaves, you can chop them if you want; if using smaller basil leaves, just keep them whole).
- Drizzle the olive oil over the tomatoes and cheese. Add a dash or two of red wine vinegar if desired.
- Sprinkle on the toasted pine nuts if desired (to toast the nuts, put them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly until they are a pale golden color).
- Serve your salad with warm Italian ciabatta bread, garlic bread, or your favorite crusty bread.!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go