Use my chilled homemade blueberry pie filling as the topping for this pie.
J Dub's Blueberry Banana Pie
J Dub’s Blueberry Banana Pie is a recipe I created years ago using two of my most favorite fruits.
Ripe bananas and blueberries are the perfect underrated combination - especially for a pie. The ingredients are simple, but the result is outstanding.
This chilled pie is extremely light and refreshing. I always double the recipe as it is my go to recipe to welcome friends and family into the neighborhood.
You can have this pie chilling in the fridge in a matter of minutes.
It is also the perfect dessert for Easter Brunch, Mother’s Day, and any of the patriotic summer holidays. Your friends and family will say "I have never heard of this pie." And then they will be begging you to share your secret recipe.
You can use your favorite baked homemade crust recipe as the base for the pie.
Or, if you are in a pinch, you can purchase a store bought crust. Just bake it up in the oven, and then you are ready to assembly the pie.
I have also included a link to my homemade blueberry pie filling that serves as the fruity topping for the pie. You will not believe how quick and easy it is to whip up.
The best part - Any remaining filling you don't use on top of your pie you can use as a spread for your biscuits and toast. It is even delicious as a topping over vanilla ice cream.
Please drop me a comment if you make this pie. I would love to know what you think.
Whip cream, cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla to create this light and fluffy filling.
Your new favorite chilled spring and summer Blueberry Banana pie.
Slice ripe bananas and place onto the baked crust.
Spread the whipped cream cheese filling over the ripe bananas layered in the baked crust.
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 90 Minutes|Cook time: 8 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 38 Minutes
- Cream softened cream cheese until fluffy, approximately 3 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar and beat approximately 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and beat again.
- In a separate chilled bowl, whip heavy cream until light and fluffy about 6-8 minutes.
- Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream and fold over with mixing spoon until cream cheese mixture is well incorporated into whipped cream.
- Slice bananas into 1/4 inch disks and lay in the bottom and on the sides of the BAKED crust.
- Top the bananas with the whipped cream and cream cheese filling.
- Chill the pie for at least 1 hour before topping the pie with homemade blueberry pie filling.
- You can easily double this recipe and make two pies.
- Store pie in refrigerator.
- Any leftover pie can be stored in refrigeratore for up to 3 days.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go