Protein Packed Kale Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette
Have you ever had a salad where you're not completely filled and satisfied. You eat it, but you're hungry for something more... I don't think you'll get that here! This salad packs a punch, it's definitely a meal in itself.
The main component here is Kale: a complete SUPERFOOD on its own. This salad is bright, colorful and fresh. Its loaded with vegetables, plus garbanzo beans and quinoa that will sure keep you full longer.
You can even add 2 hard boiled eggs or grilled chicken, fish, steak, you name it!
It makes a perfect side for any outdoor grilling, or served a main dish topped with avocado or any protein you'd like.
This salad is super easy to make, the vinaigrette is simple: lemon juice and honey are the stars of it all. You'll feel great eating it!
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 10 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Place the chopped kale in a large bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and massage the kale leaves, this helps break down the kale so it’s less tough. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes. Season with a pinch of salt.
- If your vegetables aren’t cut, I would do this step now. Add all the vegetables to the bowl with the kale, garbanzo beans and quinoa. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add all the ingredients into a mason jar or small mixing bowl, whisk or shake till combined. Taste. If it's too lemony or sour, add ½ tsp honey at a time to your preferred liking.
- Pour the vinaigrette all over the salad mix and combine together, so every bit of vegetable and kale is coated in the vinaigrette. Place in the refrigerator and allow to chill for about 30-60 minutes. Serve immediately
- Note: Quinoa- Measure ⅓ cup quinoa, make sure to rinse it. Boil with ¾ cup water. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it come to a simmer, keep on low heat, cover with lid and allow to cook for about 15-20 minutes until light and fluffy. This measures about 1 cup packed cooked quinoa, it may be a little over 1 cup, but it doesn’t hurt the salad, right?! Allow to cool completely before adding it to the salad.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go