Homemade Chicken Mortadella
No processed food anymore
If you don’t know what is Mortadella, I will say it’s very similar to salami the only difference is that salami is cured naturally and the mortadella is cooked. Mortadella is perfect for breakfast, sandwiches or adding in your salads. I used to eat that before a lot in Europe but I didn’t found exactly the same here in US especially those with the flavors that i used to in my childhood. The most important things here are; you make your own deli meat that means no processed food, you can flavor it with different ingredients such as olives, green pepper, spicy or play with the meat like make it with chicken or ground beef. In addition its very easy to do it and last for 2 weeks in your refrigerator.For parents who are concerned by giving theire kids processed food, this is the best way to eat deli meat in total safety. All the ingredients are in your kitchen no super fancy product but the result is fancy and so delicious. Let see how todo it step by step.
Yields: 2 loafs Prep time: 20 minCook time: 1 hour
1 pound chicken breast
4 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup boiled rice
4 tbsp semolina
1 tsp ground coriander
1 bouillon cube
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Dash of cayenne pepper
Some green olives slice
How to make it?
- Wash the chicken and cut it in cubes.
- Boil the rice and measure half cup.
- Measure the semolina and other ingredients and set a side.
- Transfer the chicken in a mixer grinder to paste.
- Add all the ingredients together in the mixer grinder and mix well until obtaining a smooth past.
- Lay on your countertop plastic wrap sheet and spread the half of the mortadella past in it. Roll the plastic wrap till the end of the other side and press both the ends of the roll and twist, seal it tight on both sides.
- Repeat the same think with a foil paper to seal it well.
- Transfer to a steaming pot and steam door 60 min low heat.
- After one hour, remove the mortadella from the steam and place aside to cool down.
- Place in a container in the fridge and enjoy.
Great for sandwiches and breakfast.
- 2 Loafs
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 20 Minutes
1 pound chicken breast
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go