Best Ever Breakfast Pizza
I originally posted this recipe a little over two years ago. I had found the recipe in one of my cookbooks and thought it was so yummy I just had to share it.
Although I’ve made the recipe several times since, the last time I did I wondered to myself, “Is this really the best breakfast pizza ever?”
I mean don’t get me wrong. It was good. But I just felt like it was missing something. And really, if you’re going to claim something is “the best” I really think it should be.
Unfortunately, the original recipe just wasn’t. So I set out to do some experimenting and I’m OVER THE MOON happy with the final results!
The first thing I decided to change was the crust! Instead of the standard can of croissants, I chose my basic pizza crust recipe.
- 12 servings
- Prep time: 80 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 50 Minutes
To make Crust
- Combine warm water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer. Let sit until yeast begins to bubble. (About 5 minutes.)
- Add-in the flour and salt. Stir with dough hook until just combined.
- Add-in the olive oil. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes or until the texture is smooth.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and drizzle in a Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and flip once in the olive oil.
- Cover with saran wrap and a towel. Place the dough in a warm, dry location for 1 hour or until double in size.
- Place sausage in a medium saute pan. Cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is browned.
- Spoon out into a bowl using a slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add mushrooms and onion to the pan. Saute for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the butter to the pan and once melted add in the garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds to a minute. Watch closely so garlic does not burn. Remove from heat.
To make Pizza
- Preheat oven to 375. Place pizza dough on a greased baking sheet. Spread out evenly.
- Brush the dough with the garlic butter mixture. Place the crust in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs and milk together in a medium mixing bowl. Add the parsley and the Italian seasoning.
- When the pizza dough is ready spoon the sausage over the top. Then the mushrooms and onion. Next, sprinkle on the shredded hashbrowns.
- Pour the egg and milk mixture over the hashbrowns. Finally, top with cheeses.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown, eggs are set and cheese is bubbly.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go