I love shortbread cookies because the dough comes together in minutes and doesn't require much ingredients. And you can freeze the dough well for minimum 2 hours to max 48 hours.
Pomegranate Lemon Shortbread Cookies
I am a huge fan of pomegranate, I totally adore the bright ruby red colored seeds. And I love lemons too...so here presenting the recipe of both my favorites.... Pomegranate Lemon Shortbread 😋😇
These Pomegranate Lemon Shortbread Cookies have the perfect melt in your mouth texture. I love the crunch of pomegranate seeds and pretty swirls that makes the cookie even beautiful.
After adding the pomegranate seeds in the dough, using gentle hand pressure combine the dough together. So that you don't squeeze all the pomegranate seeds. If you squeeze some of pomegranate juice in the dough that's fine .It enhances the flavor and gives the cookies that soft texture.
The main thing to take care is to freeze the dough well so that you don't squeeze all the pomegranate seeds(Some pomegranate juice is fine) while slicing the cookies. And don't add too many pomegranate seeds, So that you can easily slice the dough.
Try this recipe and let me know how it turns out for you. If you have any queries let me know in the comments below. I would be happy to help!
- 12 cookies
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 350F or 180C.
- In a large bowl add butter at room temperature and sugar together.
- Then cream butter and sugar together well for 2-3 minutes using manual/electric whisk. Or until the mixture turns light in color and creamy.
- Then add vanilla extract and whisk well.
- Now add freshly squeezed lemon juice and mix well.
- Then scrap off the sides of the bowl, Add 1/2 tsp of Lemon zest in beaten butter-sugar mixture and using spatula give it a mix.
- then it's time to add the flour along with some salt. And using a spatula combine the dough together. The dough might seem a little dry but will come together when you continue to mix it using a spatula.
- Once dough is combined add a handful of pomegranate seeds. If you add too many pomegranate seeds then after freezing the dough it will be difficult to slice.
- Stir-in the pomegranate seeds using a rubber spatula.
- Then using gentle hand pressure combine the dough together. If you squeeze some of the pomegranate seeds that's fine. Some pomegranate juice enhances the flavor and gives the cookie that soft texture.
- Now dust some all purpose flour on work top. And roll the dough into a log around 1 1/2 inch thick.
- Cover this dough in a plastic wrap/zip lock and freeze(Freezer section) the dough for minimum 2 hours.
- I kept my dough in the freezer for 12 hours, you can keep in the freezer for maximum 48 hours.
- Then using a sharp knife cut the dough into disks( 3/4 inch thick) .
- Dough will be hard so use a sharp knife . You can let the dough soften a bit but not more otherwise It will be difficult to slice the dough with pomegranate seeds in there.
- You will get around 10-12 cookies. then into preheated oven bake the cookies @350F or @180C for 15-18 minutes or until the edges turn light golden.
- Check after 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down completely and enjoy!