As we start rolling into the colder months, warm bowls of oatmeal along with a cup of hot chocolate are so comforting. For this special recipe, I decided to combine both of these cozy items into a "hot chocolate" oatmeal bowl! This is another, super quick and easy recipe that you can adjust as you like! For example, I am someone who loves dark chocolate, so to get more of a dark chocolate taste, I simply add more cocoa powder. However, if you're someone who prefers a lighter, milk chocolate taste, simply add more sugar or reduce the amount of cocoa powder. Enjoy!
Hot Chocolate Oatmeal
- 1 Bowl
- Prep time: 2 Minutes Cook time: 5 Minutes Total time: 7 min
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp of hot chocolate mix (or 1 tbsp of cocoa powder + 1 tbsp maple syrup)
- Optional toppings: mini marshmallows
- In a saucepan on medium heat, cook the oats in the water and milk for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the hot chocolate mixture. If you are using the cocoa powder, I recommend mixing it with a little bit of water first before adding it to the oats so that it will mix well.
- Top off with marshmallows and enjoy!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!