Sausage & Egg Acorn Squash
Anybody else love a meal that includes a fried egg? How about paired with a fall meal that can be made for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner? Even better!
This Sausage and Egg Acorn Squash combines the best of breakfast with a filling fall favorite. It’s a quick dinner, and looks amazing sitting on your table! Also, for my friends who have food sensitivities, this meal is naturally gluten free, and if you leave out the shredded cheese on top, it’s dairy free as well!
So pick up some festive and delicious acorn squash on your next grocery run, I hope you enjoy this savory, any-time dish!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 45 Minutes|Total time: 1 hr 5 min
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, then cut your two acorn squash down the middle and place on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, then sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Bake for 37-40 minutes, until fork tender.
- In a large sauté pan, brown and crumble your 1 lb of ground sausage on your stovetop on medium heat until no longer pink. Then add the 2 tablespoons of minced garlic, 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms and 1 red bell pepper, Salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 tsp Onion Powder to the pan and cook until softened.
- Now add the 4 stalks of chopped green onion, 1/2 cup of spinach, and let that simmer in a 1/4 cup of Beef Broth for about 5 minutes.
- At this point your acorn squash should be done, so pull that out of the oven, and put an equal serving of the meat filling in each squash. Sprinkle with Cheese if you'd like, and crack an egg over each one. Bake for 6-9 more minutes, depending on how well-done you like your eggs- keep in mind it will cook a bit more when you dig into it and it mixes with the hot filling. Wait for about 10 minutes before digging in. Enjoy!
- If you prefer
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go