Käsespätzle 🇦🇹 / Cheese-spaetzle
So, I am from Austria and I am living in Ireland now; Recently Lidl had Austrian week, where they had loads of Austrian food and I bought the “schwäbische Spätzle” or also called egg noodles. They are perfect for making a cheesy dish! They are super quick and you can also freeze them! We could make them ourselves with a spaetzle grater but that is a really good alternative. So for the dish, I added some bacon, but you don’t have to. Also up to your choice is adding some creme fraiche or sour cream to add some moisture to it. Let's get cooking!
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- bring a pot of water to boil, add the egg noodles/ spaetzle
- Chop bacon and spring onion and fry in frying pan until crispy
- remove spaetzle from water when they are swimming on top
- add spaetzle to frying pan and stir
- add creme fraiche and half of the cheese, stir
- add salt, pepper and parsley
- put everything into an oven dish and add the rest of the cheese on top
- put into oven for 15-20min until golden
- creme fraiche is not necessary, you can substitute it with cream or sour cream.
- You can leave the bacon out and make it vegetarian
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go