Banana Chocolate Lava Mug Cake (Paleo)
Banana Chocolate Lava Mug Cake: The ooey, gooey center of a molten chocolate cake in a moist banana bread. Made with coconut flour, this makes a perfect single-serve Gluten-free and Paleo-friendly dessert for breakfast!
How this delicious concoction was born? I wanted both - a banana bread and also a molten chocolate cake - so I just put them both together in this one recipe. So good!
If I remember right, the recipe was pretty spot on when I had made it the first time back in Sept 2019, so about a year ago! But for some reason it didn’t happen when I tried it again 2 weeks ago for a reshoot. Or the re-reshoot.
What made the last one right? Switched up the recipe, and used nut butter for the filling along with some chocolate chips. The dream melty filling with the perfectly textured cake.
Made it again just coz :)
- 1 Cups
- Prep time: 2 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Minutes|Total time: 4 Minutes
- Lightly grease a 10-12 oz microwave-safe mug with cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with the back of a fork.
- Add coconut flour, egg, almond milk, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla and cinnamon, and whisk until combined.
- Pour ⅔ batter in the mug.
- Spread almond butter evenly in the middle, leaving about ½” from the edge, add chocolate chips on top, and pour in remaining ⅓ batter.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes. Center of the top surface should be dry. Microwave additional time at 5 second intervals if needed, but don’t overcook.
- Let cool 2-3 minutes and dig in!
- You get an 8 oz serving size, but make sure the cup is larger so the cake can rise without having the batter spill out.
- To bake, try 15-17 minutes at 350°F.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go