Watermelon Mint Popsicles W/ Lime
6 Hours 30 Minutes
These watermelon mint popsicles are the perfect treat on a hot summer day! Crazy refreshing, easy to make and guaranteed to make you feel ten degrees cooler.
I’ve been on a popsicle-making rampage this summer. They are so easy to make, I don’t have to turn my oven on (hallelujah) and they’re cute! Win win and win. While its so hard to choose because I really love all of my popsicles so far, these might be my favorite. They are just sooo refreshing. Gah I love them so much.
Now, these popsicles are SUPER easy to make but you will need to make a mint syrup. Don’t fear. It is easy, I promise, and absolutely delicious. You will want to use it in other things too, like coffee and frosting and whipped cream. And there will be extra! As the photo above might clue you in—making the mint syrup entails boiling mint leaves in liquid. The liquid issssss... sugar and water! See? Simple stuff. After you boil this, let it steep and strain it to remove the mint leaves. You’re mostly there guys.
Just blend that watermelon, no liquid is needed, the watermelon has plenty! Once you combine the watermelon water, lime and mint syrup you are ready to pour into the mold and freeze. I love this mold! It’s easy to clean (each part separates) and the design is so cute.
- 10 Servings
- Prep time: 30 Minutes|Cook time: 6 Hours|Total time: 6 Hours 30 Minutes
- In a sauce pan, combine fresh mint, sugar and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until dissolved and the mixture begins to boil. Once it’s boiling, allow it to boil an additional minute then remove from heat. Allow this to steep with the mint leaves still in the pan for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the syrup through a sieve to remove leaves.
- Place watermelon in a blender and blend until it becomes liquid.
- In a spouted bowl or large measuring cup, combine watermelon liquid, lime juice and 1/4 cup of the mint syrup. Taste and adjust if necessary.
- In a spouted bowl or large measuring cup, combine watermelon liquid, lime juice and 1/4 cup of the mint syrup. Taste and add more lime juice or mint syrup if desired.
- Pour the mixture into each mold. Place popsicles sticks, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To remove the popsicles, run each under warm water and gently pull on the stick until it easily slides out.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go