Pizza With Zucchini and Feta Cheese
It’s Friday, Eat pizza! Tonight's pizza comes with bright summer flavors, zucchini, summer squash, feta cheese and fresh herbs! Keeping it fresh, and making the most out of seasonal produce! I love using whatever is in season, and make the best out of them. Right now, zucchinis, eggplants,peppers, tomatoes, corn, cucumbers are perfect vegetables to be consumed. Use homemade crust or not, it’s your choice. I usually buy the dough from the bakery. Perfect dinner, lunch, or breakfast right here! Yes, breakfast, add a poached or fried egg on top, and it will take this pizza in a different level. If you have a few zucchinis left on the fridge, now you know what to do with them! Let's get to work!
- 2 Servings
- Prep time: 20 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Start by slicing the zucchini and the summer squash on ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Chop all the fresh herbs, and the scallions.
- In a bowl, combine ricotta cheese, herbs, scallions ,and lemon zest. Season with salt and black pepper. Add about 2 tbsp of olive oil and mix well. Set aside. Preheat the oven on 500 degree Fahrenheit.
- Roll out the pizza dough about 10" diameter. Spread the ricotta mix leaving one inch all around. Arrange the ribbons all over the pizza as desired. Sprinkle feta cheese over the vegetables, red pepper flakes, and drizzle more olive oil.
- Bake on preheated oven for about 15 minutes until the crust is golden and vegetables look cooked. Pull pizza out of the oven. Cut and enjoy!
- If you buy ready pizza dough, let it sit on the counter for 30 minutes before rolling it.
- Use goat cheese instead of feta cheese. if you cut the vegetables on a round shape, use a mandolin so they can be as thin as possible.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go