Inspired my Middle Eastern flavors, this roasted eggplant is topped with toasted walnuts, sliced shallots, goat cheese, tahini sauce, fresh parsley, and chili flakes. This was SO GOOD and I can’t wait to create and share more eggplant recipes.
Serve this dish as a main meal or as an appetizer. The toppings in this recipe can be altered to your preference or you may use whatever you have on hand.
Fun fact - Did you know that eggplants are actually considered to be a fruit? More specifically, a berry! They're also full of antioxidants and so delicious.
Follow my Instagram @tikofoods for more yummy recipes!
- 1 eggplant
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup tahini sauce
- parsley to garnish
- chili flakes to taste
- goat cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 450 F
- Cut off the tip of the eggplant then slice it in half lengthwise. Score the eggplant in a crisscross pattern using a knife
- Drizzle the flesh of the eggplant with olive oil then season with kosher salt
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the eggplant is golden brown
- While the eggplant is roasting, chop the parsley and slice the shallot
- Once the eggplant is cooked, top it with shallots, parsley, walnuts, tahini sauce, and goat cheese
- Season with chili flakes
- Substitute dairy free cheese or omit the cheese to make it vegan