This vegetable quiche is always a winner for my family. Everyone loves it because it tastes great and its super healthy too. There's no gluten - yes that's right, it's gluten free but that doesn't take away from the deliciousness of the dish. I love how it tastes so flavorsome and so light at the same time. It's perfect in any season at any time of day. If you don't like sweet potato, you can substitute with potato. The same goes for the vegetables on top, pick your own, mix and match, and have fun with it! Enjoy and happy cooking!
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 onion shredded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Sprig of fresh basil chopped
- Sprig of fresh lemon thyme
- 1 tomato cut into thin slices
- 1/2 zucchini cut into thin slices
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius (or 350 degrees Fahrenheit) and grease a pie dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potato, onion, salt, pepper and olive oil. Mix with your hands until well incorporated.
- Transfer the mixture to the pie dish and use the back of a spoon to pat it down against the bottom and sides to form the crust.
- Place in the oven and cook for half an hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, garlic, onion, basil and thyme.
- When the sweet potato crust is ready, take it out of the oven and pour in the egg mixture. Next, scatter the tomato and zucchini slices everywhere except for the sides.
- Pour in the water and place the quiche back into the oven for 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven onto grill for 5 minutes and remove quiche from the oven. Serve hot.