Butternut Squash Soup
This is the best homemade butternut squash recipe ever. It is truly easy, delicious, and healthy.
If you are looking for a warm cozy meal this is it.
Serve fresh APPLE CAKE for dessert for the perfect fall meal.
Roasted Butternut Squash Soup is a cozy fall favorite recipe at our house. I am sure it will be one of your favorites too.
Cut squash and apple in half and remove seeds. Place the cut sides face down on a foil-lined sheet pan and roast in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
Simple healthy soup ingredients.
Pureeing the soup is so easy with an immersion blender (this is the one I use).
Sour cream garnish cools inviting on butternut squash soup.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 3.5 pound Butternut squash (cut in half and remove seeds)
- 1 Granny Smith apple (cut in half and remove seeds)
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet onions diced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 40 ounces chicken stock (or broth)
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Garnish with fresh herbs, pepitas, sour cream, cracked pepper
- Cut squash and apple in half and remove seeds then place cut sides down on a foil-lined baking sheet. Place into a preheated 400-degree oven for 45 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Scoop out the flesh from the squash and apple
- Heat butter and oil in a Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add onion and carrots and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add squash, apple, and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 10 minutes. Stirring often.
- Remove from heat add paprika and ground cumin. Use an immersion blender to puree mixture.
- Return to low heat and stir in cream. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve with garnish (sour cream, pepitas, cracked peppercorns, and/or fresh herbs)
- You can omit cream for a non-dairy soup.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 25th, 2020 12:15 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
6 of 32 comments
Looks amazing and can't wait to try it!
This looks absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to try it!