Black Bean Chilli
The theme of this month is quick meals that require minimal equipment, ingredients, and time.
Let us start with this beautiful black bean chilli. It's bursting with flavours, it fills you up, and it's done in under 15 minutes. What more can you want from a meal, really?
This recipe leaves a lot of room for variation as well. In order to make it quickly and with minimal ingredients, I have opted for a tomato passata with Mexican seasoning mix. If I was making this in my own kitchen, I would've probably mixed a lot of different seasonings together and added some onions, jalapeños, and corn. But I honestly don't think all that is necessary. If you don't actually like cooking that much and would rather throw things in a pot and go away, this one is for you. Instead of using passata you can also just buy a jar of salsa and use that, or maybe a can of another Mexican sauce. I think all would work wonders.
Without further ado, let's get to it.
If you like my content, you can check here for more!
Black Bean Chilli
- 90g (1/2 cup) brown rice, dry
- 1/2 tin black beans, drained
- 150g (2/3 cup) tomato passata
- 2tsp Mexican seasoning*
- 3 eggs
- 1tbsp butter
- A handful of nacho chips
- 1/2 avocado
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Cook the rice as per instructions on the packaging
- In a small pot, heat up the tomato sauce with seasoning, and throw in the black beans. Simmer for 5 minutes
- On a small pan, melt the butter and scramble the eggs on medium heat. Take off heat and crush in some nacho chips
- Serve with an avocado and coriander leaves
- Feel free to use Salsa sauce or other ready-made Mexican sauce instead of the passata with seasoning, or make your own salsa from scratch
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!