Easy Chili Recipe
I don't remember my Mom making Chili when I was a kid. I didn't start eating Chili until I was in my 20's. I married into a family that would have Chili for Christmas Eve Dinner before the Christmas Festivities began. I think my sister-in-law, Lisa and her family would also have Chili for Christmas Eve Dinner.
I didn't start making Chili until both of my girls left to go to College. That's when most of my cooking took off. My husband will try anything I make. So, this 8 ingredient chili is on my dinner menu rotation during the Winter months.
As far as ingredients goes, there really isn't much to it. Beef, onions, mccormick.com spice packet, diced tomatoes, pinto beans, kidney beans.
This is perfect for those busy weeknights. Dinner in 30 minutes, doesn't get any better than that!
Add cheese and onions and you are ready for dinner. This is also a one pot meal, which makes it easy for clean up. Time saver all around!!
Easy Chili Recipe
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 can rotel diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 Chili spice packet by McCormick
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- green onions
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- In a Cast Iron Skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, add the spice packet and add the onion. I always cook these together. Once beef is browned add the diced tomatoes, kidney beans, and pinto beans. Stir until combined. Cover and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes. While the Chili is cooking, shred about a cup of cheddar cheese and green onions. Spoon Chili in to bowls, top with cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
- You can substitute so much in this Chili to make it your own. Use ground chicken, turkey or leave out the meat altogether. For the beans, you could use black bean instead of pinto beans. Have fun and make it your own!