In the Winter months in Michigan it is always baking time for me. Plus I like to serve my hubby homemade rather than processed because of the salt content. Quick breads are always a big hit and easy to make if i don't have a lot of time. This is a bread I make for my family usually all Winter long, it is a nice change from the Banana bread my hubby always wants. It always turns out so moist. You can make it in small individual loaves or one big loaf. First you mix the butter and sugar together until creamy and then add in the egg and mix. Add the applesauce and stir until thoroughly combined. Add in vanilla, cinnamon and flour. Stir until mixed then add the baking soda to the hot water and stir. Add to the rest of the mixture and blend well. Pour into your pan or pans and bake. Cool and cut into pieces to serve. Sometimes I make this as a small cake in an eight by eight and serve with whipped cream on top. I have added raisins or dried cranberries to the mix before too it adds a nice sweet touch.
It is so moist.
Cream the sugar, butter and egg together.
Add the applesauce.
Cinnamon and vanilla.
I just use a wooden spoon to mix it all together.
All done. Let cool then serve sliced.
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 c applesauce
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t soda dissolved in 1/2 c hot water
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar.
- Add egg stir until combined.
- Add applesauce combine.
- Stir in flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Dissolve soda in hot water until dissolved.
- Add to the rest of the ingredients.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes until a knife comes out clean in the middle.
- Cool completely.
- This can be made in an 8"x8" cake pan also.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!