Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad
This Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad is filled with fresh summer flavors. Juicy ripe peaches and tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, basil, and a drizzle of olive oil and white balsamic vinegar come together perfectly for a refreshing salad you’ll want to make all summer long.
My husband’s uncle and his wife were in town for a visit recently, and since my garden is busy pumping out tomatoes, cucumbers and basil, I made sure to give them a hefty sampling of fresh-grown Iowa produce with every meal I prepared!
For dinner one evening, I served our family favorite, One-Pan Caprese Chicken, and I paired it with this fresh Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad.
Not only was it a hit, but it was so simple to make, which was a big win when I had several meals to prepare over the course of their visit.
White Balsamic Vinegar
This recipe calls for white balsamic vinegar, but truly, you could use regular dark balsamic if that is what you have on hand.
The reason I prefer white is that it disappears into the salad, allowing the vibrant colors of the peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers and basil to be the stars.
If you have a fancy vinegar and oil shop near you, this is a great salad to have fun with flavored oils and vinegars.
I used Peach White Balsamic for this recipe, which is so, so good. Like, so good you might be tempted to slurp it from the bottle. 😜
How to Make Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad
This fresh summer salad could not be easier to make.
You simply arrange the tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, red onion slices, and basil on a pretty platter, drizzle with oil and vinegar, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
You can use any kind of tomatoes, too. I used a combo of what was ready to pick from our garden– big heirlooms, meaty slicers, and sweet grapes.
And, if you’re a fan of Caprese, feel free to add in some Burrata or chunks of fresh mozzarella like THESE.
This Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad makes the perfect summer side dish. It’s fresh and healthy and so easy to whip up on busy weeknights. Imagine it as a side to a grilled burger or chicken breast, a BLT, or even a slice of pizza to get in a few more veggies.
Plus, it’s a great light lunch. Toss all the ingredients in a portable container with a lid, shake gently to combine the ingredients, and you’re ready to pop it in your lunch box!
For more great recipes like this one, visit me HERE at The House on Silverado.
Let’s stay in touch! You can follow on social media, so you won’t miss a thing!
Facebook —– Instagram —– Pinterest
Peach Tomato Cucumber Salad
- 1 lb tomatoes you can use sliced, cherry, or a combo of both
- 1 cucumber sliced and seeded
- 5 fresh basil leaves thinly sliced (more for garnish)
- 2 fresh peaches
- thinly sliced red onion to taste
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 4 TBSP white balsamic vinegar Use peach white balsamic for even more peach flavor!
- salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange the tomatoes, cucumbers, peaches, and red onion on a serving platter. Sprinkle thinly sliced basil leaves evenly over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil. Serve chilled.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy only and should be viewed as an estimate. Ingredients can vary and The House on Silverado makes no guarantees to the accuracy of this information.