Three Hearty Pasta Salads
Don’t know what to make for dinner tonight? Feel like it's too hot to cook? Here are three easy pasta salads that eat like a meal. Full of flavor, these salads are sure to be just what you’re looking for.
Tortellini with Tomato Vinaigrette
Chicken Bacon Caesar
Lemon Shrimp & Orzo Salad
Three Hearty Pasta Salads
Ingredients for Tortellini Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- 1 lb. fresh or frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes - not packed in oil
- 14 oz roasted red peppers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 4 scallions
- 1 ounce prosciutto
- Ingredients to Make Tomato Vinaigrette:
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbs red-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for Chicken Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad
- Romaine lettuce - 2 bags or 2 heads washed & chopped
- 8 ounces of pasta, your choice
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Caesar salad dressing
- 1 cup Shredded parmesan cheese
Ingredients for Lemon Shrimp & Orzo Salad
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest & juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1 Tbs minced green onion
- salt & pepper to taste
Instructions for Tortellini Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Make tortellini according to package directions
- Pour boiling water over sun-dried tomatoes and soak for 30 minutes
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half
- Drain artichoke hearts and cut into quarters
- Drain red pepper and chop into small pieces
- Drain sun-dried tomatoes and chop into small pieces
- Chop scallion in small pieces
- Julianne prosciutto
- In a large bowl, place tortellini, cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red pepper, scallions, and prosciutto. Toss to combine.
- Make the Tomato Vinaigrette:
- Cut large tomatoes in half.
- Using the large hole side of a grater, rub the tomato halves over the grater until only the skin remains. Throw the skin away.
- Place tomato into a bowl along with vinegar, oil, oregano, and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad and toss together.
Instructions for Chicken Bacon Caesar Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions
- Drain pasta
- Wash & cut chicken breast into small pieces
- Add olive oil to a pan and sauté chicken until brown
- Cook bacon until crispy then crumble into small pieces
- In a large bowl, add romaine lettuce, pasta, chicken, bacon, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Caesar dressing.
- Toss to combine.
Instructions for Lemon Shrimp & Orzo Salad
- Wash & cut snap peas in half.
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add orzo and cook for 7 minutes
- Add shrimp and peas to orzo and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Drain orzo, shrimp and peas.
- Whisk oil, lemon zest and juice, green onion, dill, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the orzo, shrimp and peas to the bowl and toss to combine.
- Each salad can be served hot or cold.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published July 8th, 2021 6:02 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!