Kale Caesar Salad
A twist on a favorite classic! This dressing is inspired by your traditional Caesar salad dressing, but can be made quickly and easily with a few simple ingredients you likely already have on hand.
To begin gather all of the required ingredients. I like to set everything out ahead as I find it much more efficient having everything I need easily accessible.
Wash and chop up the Kale. I like to remove the thick tough stems from the bottom of the leafs before I wash it.
To make the dressing simply mix together the mayo, Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and fresh ground pepper in a small jar or bowl.
Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto the kale and give it a good massage. This will soften up the leaves and make it much easier to chew and digest. DO NOT skip this step. If you have ever tried kale before and didn’t enjoy it because it was too hard or too chew, it is probably because it didn’t receive this special treatment 😉
Toss the kale with your desired amount of dressing and garnish with some freshly grated Parmesan, croutons and a slice of lemon. Enjoy!
Kale Caesar Salad
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 2-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp yellow mustard
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- A dash of Tabasco sauce
- Fresh ground pepper
- One head of Kale
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Lemon wedge
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- Remove the thick tough stems from the bottom of the kale leafs
- Wash and chop the Kale
- To make the dressing simply mix together the mayo, Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, and fresh ground pepper in a small jar or bowl.
- Drizzle the kale with olive oil and massage it until it becomes soft.
- Toss the kale with dressing
- Garnish with croutons and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Adjust the amount of garlic to your desired taste.
- You can also use Romain lettuce as the base or a combination of kale and lettuce.
- This is a great make ahead salad as the kale does not wilt as fast as regular lettuce.
- To make this a complete meal try topping with grilled chicken!