Fiesta Baby Shower Taco Salad Bar
This is “nacho” average baby shower 🙂 I am amazed that I just realized that I never posted about my daughters baby shower that we had two years ago!
Here are all the fun details of this beautiful Fiesta baby shower and taco salad bar!
My precious friend Maria held this baby shower in her home for my daughter Emily. Her kitchen island was the perfect place to set up the taco salad bar.
Another friend offered her large wooden serving platter (and I am talking HUGE) to serve all our fixings on it.
I used wavy glass bowls and served all kinds of taco fillings. Serving bright colored food like corn, rice, beans, tomatoes, cheese, green onions, peppers and roasted yams look so nice in pretty bowls all lined up on the big wooden serving board.
On another large platter we served up sliced avocados, chopped cilantro and sliced limes.
For some added crunch and flavor we had a bowl of pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
I could not have done this taco bar without all the help of my daughter Madeline and my sister Tiffany! What would I do without my family!
Of course what is a salad bar without a large bowl of fresh greens!
So crisp and yummy for the base part of our taco salads.
We also served little veggie/fruit cups filled with thick sliced cucumbers, jicama, watermelon and pineapple.
So crisp and refreshing.
Just look at how cute this plastic copper silverware looks all tied up in a napkin with baby’s breath that my sweet friend Maria did!
It’s the little details like this that really make things look so beautiful!
Fiesta Baby Shower Cake with Succulents
Are you dying over this cake or what! We had one of Emily’s friend make this cake for her. You may remember that she also made her spectacular wedding cake with flowers. We wanted this cake to be just simple with butter cream frosting and it was truly amazing!
We tucked in all the faux succulents and faux pink flowers on and around the cake. It looked amazing when we were done!
Placing it on this rustic metal cake stand really made it stand out as the focal point of our taco salad bar.
Fiesta Baby Shower Decor
Cute Maria decorated her kitchen and table with pink paper garlands, white Mexican paper garlands, little terra cotta pots with succulents and mini glass vases filled with mini red carnations.
Everything looked so perfect!
Everyone Enjoyed the Fiesta Baby Shower
Ella my oldest granddaughter was loving being able to be at the shower and was so excited to finally be getting a girl cousin!
I love putting together baby showers for friends and family to gather. I did an Indian tribal themed shower here and a Hot air ballon themed shower.
We were inspired by the gorgeous colors, look and feel of a Girly California baby shower on Style Me Pretty. Don’t you just love soft pinks and greens together?
I can’t wait to host another shower soon….I hope 🙂
Fiesta Baby Shower Taco Salad Bar
Taco Salad Bar
- Shredded Cheese (as much as you would like)
- 5 Chopped red yellow and orange bell peppers
- 2 Cans canned corn
- 2 Cans black beans (rinsed)
- 2 large bunches Chopped green onions
- 2 containers of mini tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 large bunch Chopped fresh cilantro
- Mixed lettuce (red leaf, romaine, spinach, other)
- 4 Sliced avocados
- Guacamole (as much as desired)
- 1 large bottle of Salsa
- Sliced limes
- Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds)
- 3 cups cooked Rice
- Brianna's cilantro lime dressing
- 4 Chopped and roasted yams (sprinkled with Olive oil and salt roasted at 400 degrees for 40 min or until soft)
- Watermelon, Jicama, Cucumber and Pineapple (cut into thick slices)
Setting up Taco bar
- Wash and dry lettuce Wash and dry tomatoes and slice them Wash and dry peppers and slice them Slice limes, avocados, Chop green onions Open cans of corn and black beans and drain. Rinse the beans Cook favorite rice Roast cut up yams in oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees or until done. Cut pineapple, watermelon, cucumbers and jicama into thick slices and place in clear cups. Place each individual ingredient into separate bowls.