Crunchy Dill Pickle Salad
A few months ago I noticed a new pre made salad kit at my local grocery store. I was very intrigued by it, because it was kit for a creamy dill pickle salad, and I am a huge fan of dill pickles!
I picked up a bag and I was so excited to head home and try it. I assembled the salad and began eating it. It was delicious, but I was a little disappointed that there were no actual pickles in it. It just seemed to be lacking the dill pickle flavor. I headed to my fridge, grabbed a few pickles out of the jar and sliced them up to throw in my salad. To me that made all the difference, and took the salad from good to outstanding!
Being a huge salad lover, I decided to create my own take on this store bought salad and It was an instant winner!
Begin with a few handfuls of finely chopped romaine lettuce. To that add some thinly sliced red onions.
Drizzle the lettuce with store-bought Dill Ranch salad dressing. If you can’t find dill ranch salad dressing add a teaspoon of dry dill weed to prepared ranch dressing.
You can add in any other vegetables you like. I chose to add in some chopped celery for extra crunch and of course the chopped dill pickles. I also topped the salad with crumbled feta cheese for a little salty flavor. The croutons bulk up the salad and add a nice texture to the dish.
I love that the ingredients in this salad are slightly unique. Dill pickles aren’t something I would usually incorporate into a salad but they work so well with the other ingredients.
This salad was so satisfying to eat. The tangy dill pickles mixed with the creamy ranch dressing and red onions or perfection. The celery added a nice extra crunch that made every bite a delight to eat.
This would be the perfect summer side salad to serve alongside burgers or bbq hotdogs!
Crunchy Dill Pickle Salad
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce
- 4 tablespoons dill ranch dressing
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- Sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Garlic flavored croutons
- Fresh ground pepper to taste
- Wash and finely chop romaine lettuce, and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the dill ranch salad dressing and toss until all of lettuce is evenly coated.
- Garnish with the chopped celery, chopped dill pickles, red onions, feta cheese and croutons.
- Toss gently before serving.
- If you can’t find Dill Ranch dressing sub for regular dressing and add tsp of dried dill weed.
- Double or triple the recipe if serving for a crowd.
- The measurements for the ingredients are approximate guidelines and they can all be adjusted to personal preference.