Filling and delicious summer salad, perfect for a quick lunch!
This is one of my Italian mum’s summer staples. I reckon she made it for us every few weeks when we were growing up. Every time I make it for guests I always get asked the recipe, but truth is, it’s so easy and simple that it can even be thrown together at the last minute! I often cook the chicken in advance (like the night before) and then I assemble it in 5 minutes the next day, or even use roast leftovers. Lunch is ready in no time!
- 2 chicken fillets
- 1 packed of mixed green salad (non peppery)
- Pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 big celery stalk
- Olive oil, salt, white wine vinegar
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and cook in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt.
- Once cooked, put it into a bowl to cool down.
- In the meantime, roast the pumpkin seeds in a roasting tray at 350F with a drizzle of olive oil and some salt, for about 5 minutes.
- Put the washed salad in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and white wine vinegar to taste. Mix well.
- Once the chicken has cooled down, add the chopped celery to the same bowl and the mayonnaise. Mix well and then add it to the salad bowl.
- Top with the seeds and serve!
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published May 27th, 2022 3:21 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!