Lentil Feta Salad
I first saw the idea for a lentil salad about 5-6 years ago in one of my favorite cookbooks, Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon, and I have modified the recipe quite a bit since then to come up with this version. There are so many delicious variations that you can do with this salad to really make it your own! I used to make it slightly differently almost every week when I was a student to bring to eat as my lunch. It is so healthy and filling; win-win!
Lentil Feta Salad comes together easily, and can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for a few days... if it lasts that long!
You are going to love the versatility of this salad. Make it at the end of the week to use up your leftover veggies. There are so many different things that work well in this salad. Some other things I have added included in my Lentil Salad at various times are tomatoes, almonds, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots, and cubed cheddar cheese. How will you make this salad your own?
Pack it up and bring it to work or school, all your friends will be jealous!
Lentil Feta Salad
- 1 can of lentils
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 english cucumber, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup craisins
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3 TB balsamic glaze
- 1 TB olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine lentils, bell pepper, cucmber, celery, craisins, pepitas, and feta
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and olive oil over salad, stir until salad is thoroughly coated
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy
- This salad keeps well in the fridge for a few days! Make and portion it for for a quick, easy lunch.
- Lots of different veggies/nuts/seeds can be used in this salad! Try tomatoes, sunflower seeds, or slivered almonds!